Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Sector: SEO, Digital marketing
Job Type: Full-Time (Contract)
Poptop is an online events planning platform and one of the fastest growing and innovative event startups in the UK. We help making memorable events by guiding amateur event organizers through the planning process and matching them with the right fitting suppliers. We are now are hiring and you could join our team to help us shape the future of event planning!
Poptop is seeking a SEO Specialist to join our product & marketing teams in our Kiev office. This position will play a key role in continuing to reach and build audience for our product. The SEO Specialist will have the opportunity to work directly with our product team, influencing the strategy and experiences that drive our business. We’re looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves SEO professional with a track record of managing SEO strategy and implementation.
SEO Strategy will develop and execute on-page and off-page SEO strategy for PoptopUK:
- Develop and evolve the SEO content strategies for the website
- Research and implement global SEO keyword strategies for key web properties, advancing keyword rankings and outperforming competitors in Google and other search engines.
- Conduct SEO content audits across multiple open source and in-house applications.
- Learn and help advance technical SEO best practices ranging from XML Sitemaps, page speed, crawl/server errors, link analysis and clean-up, redirect implementation, and more.
- Provide monthly reporting of traffic performance and keyword rankings.
- Daily involvement in web analytics, including monitoring results of projects, locating problem areas and their causes, and providing recommendations based on findings.
- Collaborate with product, editorial, and marketing teams in planning meetings and discussions.
- Provide best practices for new pages, redesigns, taxonomies, and migrations.
- Train the business on SEO best practices.
- 3 -5 years of experience in an SEO role with a focus on keyword research, content, and SEO best practices.
- 2+ years direct experience developing comprehensive SEO strategies and performance-focused website content (editorial content for online media), accounting for search volume, user intent, content categories, business units, competitive landscape, and more.
- Expert in Google Search Console and technical SEO requirements.
- Experience with link building techniques
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail, and quality assurance.
- Understanding of basic HTML, CSS, and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Experience with web analytics programs (Google Analytics preferred).
- Google Analytics certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with SEO applications (Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush, e.g.).
- A passion for SEO and an ongoing drive to learn, understand, and implement white-hat techniques.
- Excellent drive, reliability, and cross-departmental collaboration, with strong problem-solving, presentation, and communication skills (including performance reporting).
- Understanding of Agile/Lean development process a plus.
What’s Important For Us
- Attention to users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- Set ambition goals.. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- Fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- Learn something new every day. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
- Office in the center of Kiev
- Fun and open minded team members
- Develop your professional skills using fortnightly contact time with your Mentor